Reformers are Pilates machines that use springs and pulleys to provide variable resistance to assist and/or challenge the body. The pulleys allow for every part of your body to work efficiently on one machine and the variable resistance allows you to both assist and challenge encouraging challenging injury free exercise.
Reformer Pilates has countless benefits including:
- Long, lean overall body muscle tone
- Improved flexibility and postural correction
- Gain strength from your core including pelvic floor focus
- Stand taller, sit straighter and move with better balance, coordination and body awareness
- Accelerated results
Bodyworks Subiaco has only the best physiotherapists. We strive to help you achieve the results you expect with the best possible experience and long lasting success.
We offer hands on treatment that includes:
- Ultrasound and interferential therapy for acute conditions
- Joint and soft tissue mobilisation techniques
- AAE dry needling
- Muscle energy techniques
- McKenzies techniques for Lower Back Pain
- Kinesiology taping
- Barbara Hungerford pelvic girdle & SIJ techniques
- GEMT Dry Needle Therapy
- Education for management/Postural Advice
- Sport Injury Management
- Corrective taping
Barre is a safe and effective barre workout; barre being a fusion between dance and pilates exercises. Many barre workouts can cause hip/spinal pain and injury. Barre @ Bodyworks is the brain child between a rehabilitation physiotherapist & an ex professional dancer who together have fused the principles of dance and pilates SAFELY. This high intensity workout choreographed to music is fun whilst still still educating you in smooth controlled movement encouraging toning, strength and flexibility without injury. The dance based workout using the ballet barre (hence the name) will keep you fit and firm whilst encompassing the pilates principles of breath, local control and global mobility. Warning this class is addictive and no prior dance experience necessary.